Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Few against Many…

After an early night last night (well, early for me anyway) I woke up at 6am today, so seeing as my sister is drying her hair and her hairdryer could wake the dead I’ve decided on having a little blog.

*yawn*

So yeah, Hell Is For Heroes last Thursday. The day started off with Gemma coming round slightly later than planned, as she got out of her car she looked in pain, I was worried she’d had an accident or something at first, then I noticed a dressing on her back, maybe she had donated a kidney?

When she got inside she revealed it was actually a new tattoo, she’d had flowers like on the other side of her back so it was almost symmetrical, it looked pretty cool, pretty painful but cool.

*yawn*

We headed into Birmingham, had a quick Burger King and then went to the Academy. As we walked in, the support band Jacobs Stories were playing, neither of us were really listening to them but I’m sure they were very good.

We headed to the merchandise stall where Gemma bought a copy of the new album Transmit Disrupt and got it signed by Justin. After buying some drinks the second support band started, they were called America Is Waiting and the singer looked a bit like Carl at first, they were a bit screamy but I’m a bit unsure about them, I’d have to have a second listen I think.


America Is Waiting

Hell Is For Heroes took about and hour to set up due to an amp blowing during sound check, they didn’t start with a poem like they did last time but just went straight into One Of Us, there were a lot of younger fans there this time so a lot more moshing and pushing about, which wasn’t a good idea seeing as we were at the front and Gemma’s tattoo was still a bit painful.

They did all the favourites, such as I Can Climb Mountains, You Drove Me To It, Kamichi and Models For The Programme and some tracks off the new album and then finished on Slow Song and Sick/Happy, it was a truly brilliant gig.



Afterwards we got the autographs of all the members of the band, except for Justin who I think was a bit unwell, but I had his autograph from the last time we saw them. The merchandise board fell on the drummers head which looked painful but he was ok, after getting signatures we bought some t shirts off the bloke outside.

It was a really good night and I got some photos which needed some Photoshopping, I was in a lot of pain but it was worth it.

Friday Saturday and Sunday were all spent doing coursework, although I did have college on friday and went into Solihull with Gemma for a bit on Saturday but I was so tired and headachey for doing all this work, I really cant wait until the end of June when my course is all over.

*yawn*

Last night we all went to Weatherspoons in Solihull, there were a few weirdos in there, including a man in a grubby yellow bin man jacket who was shouting at the bar, there is always a weirdo in there when I’m there, which makes 2.

Righty-ho I’m going for a shower and then going to college, I really need to wake up, all the caffeine in the world isn’t helping.

*yawn*

I’ll post the photos later when I’m back from college.

Currently listening to: Foo Fighters - Best Of You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home