Saturday, March 05, 2005

I Cant Forget That Tomorrow’s Mother’s Day…

After possibly my most stressful weekend ever last weekend I decided to take Monday as a day of rest, I had a good lie in until about midday, the only problem was I had a contextual studies tutorial booked for 11:30, but nothing was going to get in the way of my sleep so I didn’t care.

I met Gemma after she finished work and we went into Birmingham, we both bought the new Hell Is For Heroes single and got tickets to see them while we were there too, Biffy Clyro will be supporting too which is good.

Tuesday I went to see how the exhibition was going, it was full of strange middle aged men with weird haircuts and even weirder waistcoats, I had a really bad headache so I didn’t want to stick around for too long.

I decided to go again the next day and make full use of the free prints they were doing, I had 2 memory sticks full of images to be printed so I was on a mission.

As Claire was picking me up from Solihull, Gemma rang me asking if I was busy so we picked her up and she came along too, when we got there we had to wait ages for a bus to take us from the car park to the NEC, in the end we realized that we were stood at the bus stop that was closed.

When we walked in I bumped into my mum, she had come to look at my photos but first thing was first…Lunch! But on the way these 2 strange men asked us if we wanted to shave the baby or sniff his marmite, I was scared.

After lunch we had a look around, Gemma very kindly gave me a picture of Shep’s Banjo Band, which is secretly the real reason why I wanted to go there. We then went to the Agfa stand, I got some A3 prints done for my portfolio for free which would have normally cost about £20-30 per print.

My mum wanted her passport photo done but had to wait over an hour for this bloke to stop talking to the people in charge, in the end she gave up.

We went to the Kodak stand to make full use of their free prints, unfortunately I broke the machine so we had to use a different one.

Because it was the last day we had to take our stand down, luckily it was easier to take it down than it was to put up.

Thursday I did bugger all.

Friday I had college, good news is that the colour dark room is up and running at last, bad news is I have my deadline a week on Wednesday.

…Shit! Currently listening to: Hell Is For Heroes - Models For The Programme

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home