Sunday, October 16, 2005

Why Don't You Get A Job?...

In my last blog I left you with a cliff-hanger:

Did I find any Adam Turbitts?

…no. Although I do have an army of Turbitts on the case as we speak. Apparently the name ‘Turbitt’ means ‘bright thunder’.

The next week it was my birthday, I woke up at about 6am so my mum could tell me to put the rubbish out and say happy birthday. I had a new coat, some trousers, some pretty cool magnets, chocolates and money.

That evening Adam and I went to the Jug to attempt the pub quiz, we were without Gaz but we had Gemma, Alex, Woody and Jo’s sister Kerry there to help. We got 69 points which is our highest ever score and came 9th, although somehow Helen and her boyfriend beat us by 5 points, they must have cheated.

The past few weeks I’ve been looking really hard for work, I have an interview at an agency tomorrow and another at a different agency on Tuesday, I’m also hoping to hear from a few places that I’ve given my CV to.

I’ve also been spending a bit of my birthday money, for the first time in ages I can actually buy stuff, so I went a bit mad and got the Family Guy season 3 box set, The Mighty Boosh, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Clerks X and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on DVD and Nada Surf, Million Dead and the Editors new albums.

Yesterday my dad came over for the day, we went to the Plough (for a change) and had a meal, I had duck and then profiteroles for dessert, I was so full up afterwards that I nearly exploded.

I better get going, I need an early night, I don’t want to oversleep tomorrow.

…Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At Monday, 17 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go fishing loser!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home