Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I Heard Your Mother Now She's Going Out The Door, Did She Go To Work Or Just Go To The Store?...

Yes I know this blog is backdated too, but enough about that, lets get on with the blog shall we?

Okey dokey, last Tuesday I was bored and needed to get something to eat for lunch, this however meant that I needed to get some money out of the cash point and as always the one by me wasn’t working so I took a walk up to Sainsbury’s.

Impulse buy #1 - As I was starting out though I remembered what my mum was telling me about seeing some Freeview boxes for sale there for only £25, this got me thinking about how crap the signal in my room way, and about how (because the aerial from the cable box downstairs was connected to my TV) I had to walk downstairs every time I wanted to change the channel. In the end I decided that for £25 it wouldn’t exactly be me spending my money…more like…investing it.

I got home and set it all up, it was pretty easy apart from getting all the leads to reach, straight off I watched a double bill of Scrubs while eating my lunch, this was £25 well spent…er…I mean invested.

Anyway that evening we’d all planned to go and see a film I’d been looking forward to for over a year…Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny. Here is the trailer…



…Looks good doesn’t it?…actually it was rather disappointing, it wasn’t as funny as I’d hoped plus the storyline was really predictable, I did like it…just not as much as I hoped I would.

On Thursday I decided to do the weekly job centre visit and do a bit of Christmas shopping, I also needed a longer scart lead, some gloves and some stuff for the photo restoration. After bumping into Adam and a few minutes later bumping into Luke I picked up everything I needed and decided I was tired and wanted to go home..

…Dammit! I forgot the scart lead!…

…So as I turned round to go back towards Woolworths something caught my eye in the window of the Orange shop, I ignored it and carried on to Woolworths, on the way back I decided to have a second look at what it was that caught my eye in the window of the Orange shop, it turned out to be nothing but seeing as I stopped right by the door I decided to have a look inside. While I was in there I saw a pretty cool looking phone going for £45, but you had to buy £10 of credit with it making it £55...nice. Then I went home.

Impulse buy #2 - When I got home I thought I’d take a closer look at that phone online, it looked pretty good, it was the Motorola L6 and had Bluetooth, camera, video…it could make phone calls, but best of all it was £10 cheaper to buy off the Orange website. I looked at my old phone and decided it was time to press it’s off button and buy this phone.

When I had that cold a few weeks back it seemed to clear up all of a sudden, I had a feeling that it would be back with a vengeance…and on Friday I was proved right, my throat felt like I’d swallowed a pine cone and sure enough it was the start of another nasty cold and a return to my deathbed.

Over the weekend I didn’t do much, although I did watch Zoolander which was brilliant, if you haven’t seen it yet here’s a quick clip…



On Sunday my mum needed some money off me, but I had none, the only money I did have was in the bank so I had to walk up to the cash point at Sainsbury’s (full of a cold) to take some out. While we were up there we decided to buy a few things but who should we bump into but my nan, she’d just picked up a few things too so we told her to wait and we’d get a taxi back with her…we raced round really quickly and went back where we’d left her but she was gone, we checked the taxi area but she wasn’t there so we looked all over the shop. After an hour of looking for her we asked the woman at the enquiries desk who said she ordered a taxi and went home, this really wouldn’t have bothered me but now it was raining and we had to walk back in the rain which only made my cold worse.

Today was my signing on day again, now after last time I signed on and barely had to even speak I was expecting this to be a walk in the park…

“Mr Robinson please!…”
“Hi”
“Hello…”
“…So where do I sign?”
“Aren‘t you going to tell me what you‘ve been doing to look for work?”
“Oh…Um…Well I’ve not been well and…er…”
“Where is your proof?”
“My proof?”
“Yes, to prove that you’ve been applying for work”
“What?…er…I don’t seem to have it on me today…damn!”
“Oh, and you should be signing on at the Kingsheath branch, not the Solihull one.”
“Er…ok…”
“…Sign here and if you have no proof next time you sign on your JSA will be stopped”

So I got my money…just about, I think this taught me not to just presume it would be as easy as it was the time before. I think I’m also lacking motivation when it comes to looking for work, I’m not sure if it’s the time of year or something but a part of me just can’t be bothered with it all.

Anyway, I left the job centre and headed home in a bit of a bad mood about the whole JSA situation, I was in a bad mood and needed something to cheer me up. As I walked through the front door I saw a package on the table waiting for me…it was my phone.

I’ve not long unpacked it all but it all looks rather sexy and about a million times better than my old phone, I still have my old number just in case you were wondering, although not all of the numbers are on here yet so if you phone me at all and I ask who you are at least you know why.

I’ll try and update my blog a little faster next time, until then here’s a little video for you…



…Leeroy, you are just stupid as hell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home