Monday, July 23, 2007

And The Streets Are Alive With The Sound Of Music...

So in my last blog I promised that things will start changing for the better, and guess what…

…they have!

A couple of weeks ago I met up with a friend from college for a drink, her name is Amanda (or Amo for short), we hadn’t seen each other for a while so it was good to catch up again. We went for a drink in wetherspoons and then decided to catch Shrek 3 at the cinema. When we got to the cinema I went to pay and then remembered that I had a 2 for 1 code…

“2 for Shrek 3 please…”
£9.40 please.
*gives him £7 thinking it would only come to £6*
Thanks…
“Oh yeah I have a 2 for 1 code thingy…”
*watches him get confused, type in the code, hand us the tickets and £7.10 change*
Enjoy your film…
“Thanks.”

As we walked off I realized that not only had he accidentally given me my £7 back but he also gave me an extra 10p…bargain! the film itself was pretty good, not as good as the first 2 Shrek films but definitely worth a watch. I had a really good day…despite a crazy black man coming up to us at the bus stop and saying something I couldn’t quite make out before telling me that I wasn’t miss world…and there was me thinking I was too.

The rest of that week was pretty boring, it was mainly spent trying to sand the radiator, we switched to an electric sander which helped but it’s still taking forever.

Last Monday I met up with Amanda again, we went to wetherspoons and spent most of the day in there, we both got asked for ID too which is pretty funny seeing as I’m 26 in a few months. Once again it was another really good day…no crazy black man at the bus stop…but still a really good day.

The next night I went to wetherspoons again, this time with Adam, Gaz and Carl. Personally I think we should have all gone to the plough…either that or the plough…or maybe even the plough.

Thursday saw the rain stop long enough for me and Gaz to go into Solihull and pick up a few things, afterwards we headed back and grabbed some chips only for the rain to start again.

On to the weekend, and I decided that it was about time to introduce Amanda to my family and vice versa. Amanda came round about lunch time and got on really well with my mum and sister, she stayed the weekend and we had a really nice time.

So 2 weeks after my last blog (if you ignore the fact that this is backdated) and things are finally looking up for me, not only do I have an amazing new girlfriend but I feel a lot more positive about everything now.

I better start writing the next blog now to get this back up to date, so while I do that you can watch a video…

the landlord

Add to My Profile | More Videos

…I need to get my drink on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home