Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm The Man, I'm The King, I'm The One That's Broken From Giving, Everday, Everyway I Swear Just One Last Try...

Time for another blog I think, so lets go back to last week.

Last Wednesday we needed to finish stripping the ceiling as we were having the plaster fixed that evening, we spent all day scraping bits of rough cast off only for it to look the same after about 6 hours. Eventually the decorator phoned saying he’s on his way and that he’ll get the rest off, he managed it all in about 10 minutes, I’m not sure how and frankly I don’t care, the main thing is that we don’t have to do any more.

Wednesday also saw Dean finally go home, he’d been here almost a week and I think he was starting to not only get on our nerves, but my sister’s nerves too. She came home saying ‘if he rings tell him I’m in bed ill’ so it was starting to look like we’d seen the last of him…despite all his laundry being here.

Thursday morning the decorator came round at about 8am to paper the ceiling, we expected him to be here all day but he was done by midday. The ceiling looked really good once it was finished, we’d been meaning to get it done ever since we moved in 8 years ago, plus we had a whopping great hole in the corner of the ceiling too which the plumber made by dropping a pipe though while working upstairs a few years back. We’re going to try and get the rest of the lounge decorated now although knowing us it’ll probably be all finished by 2015.

Thursday evening, we sat down to look at our lovely new ceiling (there was nothing much on TV), suddenly a big van reversed onto our neighbour’s drive, they sold their house a few weeks back and they were moving out. They spent the evening filling up the van while the rest of the street watched from behind the corners of their curtains, they were moving just round the corner, weirdly enough it‘s the house next door to where my dad used to live. By Friday afternoon we had new neighbours, I still haven’t seen them to speak to yet but they seem ok.

Friday evening the phone went, it was Dean, he was standing down the road with a dozen red roses for my sister. Lisa however was out with the people she works with so he chose to stand down the road and wait for her (Yeah, if you think that this behaviour is weird then you’re in for a treat). Dean stayed until Saturday afternoon, I was in the lounge talking to my mum and we heard a noise by the front door, my sister walks in and says…

I’m off to Dean’s house now…
“Oh, will you back tonight?”
Probably not…Bye!…
“Hang on where’s Dean…Are you taking him with you?”
He’s just gone down the road to be sick.
“Oh…er…Is he ok?”
Yeah, he’s fine…Bye!

…He’s just gone down the road to be sick…what a lovely image. Although god knows why he had to go down the road to do it.

That evening I went bowling with Gaz, Adam, Carl, Marcus and Jenny. With there being 6 of us - the games lasted ages and were much more fun, I think I came 3rd and then 2nd, I also managed to get my 2nd ever turkey in the 2nd game too.

Sunday was the Tolkien thingy at Sarehole Mill, we go most years although it seems to have less and less to do with Tolkien each time we go. It had the usual elves and hobbits walking round and I’m pretty sure at one point I saw somebody dressed as a Klingon. After a while we saw all there was to see and headed off to the drawbridge for a drink in the sun.

As we were sat there slowly getting sunburnt somebody said how nice it would be to have a barbeque in this weather. Carl then reminded us that we still had loads of stuff at his house still from the last barbeque a few weeks back. We necked our drinks and jumped into the car, as soon as we got to Carl’s house we set up the barbeque.

After a while we were all full up so we set up the Wii for a game of WarioWare. Now this game is the most random thing I have ever seen, but at the same time it was really good fun, although I was total crap at it, in fact here is some exclusive footage of me crashing and burning…



Yeah.

The next day was Monday, in the evening we all went to wetherspoons for a drink and managed to get to sofas at the front…that was the highlight of the night.

Fast forwarding to last night now. I phoned Gaz in the evening and he said we were all going to Carl’s house to watch a DVD or play on the 360 or something, so I said I’d bring my hard drive along so I could show them the demo for the new Pirates of the Caribbean game. When we got there we played the demo for a little while and then looked through which videos I had, Adam asked me about the Halo 3 video…

What’s that Halo 3 video like?…
“It’s ok, it’s basically a video about how you can…CARL YOU HAVE CRACKDOWN!!!!

In case you didn’t know, Crackdown is a game that let’s you play the Halo 3 beta, but because Carl didn’t have an Xbox live account he couldn’t use it…but I do!

After a moment of pure retardation jumping around like a kid on Christmas morning and hearing Jenny make a comment about none of us having girlfriends, we downloaded the beta and waited…and waited…1% complete. So we decided to watch a bit of Family Guy while we were waiting, it was the Stewie Griffin untold story and it was hilarious. Eventually Family Guy finished and we checked the download…100% complete!

Now if you’ve never played Halo before then you’ll probably not appreciate how big this is, but Halo and Halo 2 were easily the 2 biggest games of the last 10 years. We were hoping it would live up to everyone’s expectations and it easily did, it even has a new big red laser which has to been seen to be believed. Halo 3 coincidentally comes out the week before my birthday so I think I already know what I want.

So now it’s today…Thursday…my sister has the week off work and decided to go into Solihull to pick up a few things, before she started out Dean rang and I had to pretend she wasn’t here, he said he’d phone back in half an hour which he did…and then rang again…and again…and again.

When my sister got back from Solihull she asked if Dean had phoned, at that point he’d phoned about 20 times so we chose to ignore it again the next 10 times it rang before eventually unplugging the phone…only for him to turn up at the door a few minutes ago.

…where’s that big red laser when you need it?

I’ll leave you with an Halo 3 episode of Red vs. Blue…



…I need to go update my blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home