Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Ice Age Is Coming, The Sun Is Zooming In, Engines Stop Running And The Wheat Is Growing Thin...

Well another week has passed therefore it’s blogging time once again, let me tell you about my action packed week…

…yeah, well not exactly action packed really, in fact possibly the dullest week ever, no pub, no cinema, no nothing…BORING!

In fact by the time it got to Thursday night I was really bored and needed a bit of motivation, something to get me out the house and do something. Thankfully I got a text off Marcus on Friday morning asking if I fancied going to London the next day.

So Saturday morning I got up mega early, and when I say mega early I’m not talking any of this 10am nonsense, I mean proper 6am early, I’d planned it all out so I’d get to Solihull station for 8:15 which surprisingly I managed for 8:10, so with 20 minutes left to spare until the other got there I decided to have a walk into Solihull and pay a visit to the cash point.

When I got back Gaz, Adam and Marcus turned up and we caught the 9:06 train to Marylebone station, we got into London for about 11am and went straight to the pub for some over priced liquid refreshment, we were also going to order some food but after looking at the prices we decided it would be cheaper to go to the McDonalds around the corner.

After a bite to eat it was time to do some touristy type things. First stop would be the Tate Modern so we took the tube to St Paul’s, only problem being that St Paul’s is now a deathtrap so we walked from Bank (I’m having to look at a map of the London underground here to get some idea of where we went).

After walking along Millennium Bridge we got to the Tate Modern. Now, on the way there I was telling everyone about the massive slide that they had up so that people could slide from floor to floor, we walked inside to see…bits of slide all over the floor, they had just taken the sodding thing down.

At this point (probably because of the slide) Marcus went to meet up with Steve and Mark while me, Adam and Gaz went round the Tate Modern. I’ve always enjoyed modern art and have tried my best to understand what the artist was trying to say with the piece, at first I could understand it but after a while I started to get a bit bored, in my opinion they needed more interactive stuffsuch as a slide.

We left the Tate Modern after a couple of hours, I’m still not sure what I think of it, part of me wants to like it whereas part of me wants to hate it…maybe that’s what they intended and therefore it’s art in itself…or maybe not.

We then met up with Marcus, Steve and Mark for some more over priced drinks, we also needed to decide where we were going next, it would have to be somewhere pretty damn impressive. Marcus suggested the Surgeon’s Museum, it sounded a bit boring at first, I thought it would probably be a few knives and trays on display, maybe some paper towels if we were lucky.

We walked along the Thames and jumped onto a bus to Holborn, after a short walk we got to the Surgeon’s Museum, it was part of the Royal College of Surgeons, but still I walked in preparing to be unimpressed…straight away we see a skeleton, a brain and jars full of dead things…now I’m impressed!

The whole museum is really interesting and yet slightly nauseating at the same time, we saw so many oddities that I don’t know where to begin, the highlights though have to be the 7’7” skeleton, the giant skull and the conjoined skulls, we were enjoying it so much that the museum seemed to get rather quiet and after going to look at the stuff back downstairs we heard a voice come from the corner saying “The museum is closed!” I’m just glad we didn’t get locked in there overnight.

Looking at all these dead body parts is hungry work so we needed somewhere to eat, we walked to the Pizza Hut at Cambridge Circus, opposite was the Palace Theatre which was showing Spamalot. Weirdly enough this was the first time I’d ever been to a Pizza Hut, but I enjoyed it loads and ate enough to last me a week.

After our pizzas we said goodbye to Steve and Mark (Mark was taking part in the London Marathon the next day) and decided to kill a few hours walking back to the station and finding a pub for some more over priced drinks.

We went to the wetherspoons at Baker Street, it was so much nicer than any pub you’ll find back in Birmingham, it kind of made it worth the extra money you were paying really.

We got back to Marylebone station for 9:40 and were back in Solihull for just before 12, luckily Adam gave me a lift home, I don’t think my legs could take any more walking.

I really enjoyed our day in London. There is something different about London that I can’t quite put my finger on, you notice smells more and the little differences that you wouldn’t normally have back here, I’m looking forward to going back there again during the summer.

Sunday was a day of rest, I was thoroughly worn out, I ached all over. I spent most of the day watching the London marathon while still out of breath from the day before.

On Monday I went bowling with Adam and Gaz, when we got there we were told we could have 3 games for £9 or as many games as we wanted for £7, it was a bit of a no-brainer really so we ended up having about 4 games, I didn’t win any of them so it was all boring really.

Yesterday I had an interview about my JSA, after being told off for being slightly late and then being told I’m not trying hard enough I signed my stupid little book thing and went home.

That evening I went with Gaz, Adam and Marcus to see Blades Of Glory. I didn’t really enjoy it, it’s like Zoolander on ice, the best thing about it was the fact that we were in the deluxe screen with the comfy chairs. Just in case you’re interested in seeing the film, here’s a trailer…



…I see you still look like a 15 year old girl, but not hot!

1 Comments:

At Friday, 04 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er excuse ME!! I have just been looking at your old blogs and since when have i listened to dizee rascals little rap bit in band aid 20????!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home