Friday, July 16, 2004

When Will We Ever See The Sunshine?...

It's a miracle! Last night just before I started out I started searching for my debit card so I could take my last £10 out of the bank, I put my hand in my bag which I took on holiday and I felt what I thought was a few coppers but when I counted them I realized I had £16 and not a few pennies!
We all went to Shirley Temple last night for a Chinese, it was really good! I had some Chinese lager called Sun Lik which was very nice, the meals are all on a revolving table so you can eat everyone else's food, we had chicken, duck and pork and all felt very full up afterwards. We were even given a lesson on how to use chopsticks by the bloke who worked there who looked chinese but had a cockney accent! While Jo had gone off to the ladies the bloke asked us if it was her birthday so we told him that it was, when she came back I was in the middle of telling her about my sister's accident with fake tan when the lights went out and this fanfare started playing, they bought out an ice cream with a candle on it for Jo while on the stereo they were playing Happy Birthday off one of those CD's which have songs on for weddings and birthdays etc. I found the words funny, they went like this:
"Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear insert name here
Happy birthday to you"
When it came to paying I got all my £16 of change out and was counting it, the cockney/chinese bloke said to me "Don't worry mate, everybody gets into deep shit with money from time to time" ...I'm not in deep shit... It's more like up to my elbows!
After the chinese we went over the road to the Red Lion, while I was sat down someone mistook me for Jo's dad, I've been called her brother, her boyfriend, her flatmate and now her dad all in the space of a month, what next? After finishing our lager and champagne and watching a fight almost start, Jo and I went to the Barley Mow. I've always had bad memories of the Barley Mow whether it was the old granny who kept groping me, the girl who was positive that my name was 'Ron', or the fight I was almost in, I was starting to have second thoughts as I walked in, but it was all ok!
My sister's started a new job this week in an office, as I type this she's just been dropped off home absolutely drunk after 6 double vodkas on an empty stomach! Go sis!
I guess we all learn our lesson, I've learnt never to mix lager with champagne and ice cream!
I'm hungry now!

currently listening to: The Distillers - The Hunger
Gemma is currently listening to: Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home