Sunday, July 11, 2004

So Much Better On Holiday...

I'm back!!!!
Got home at about 10:30 last night and was exhausted, fell asleep on the setee and woke up at about 4am! While I was on holiday whenever I got bored I kept a note of what we've done and where we've been...

Saturday
Started out bright and early (10 am), we all got to Adam's house and left for
Combe Haven at 11. The journey took 5 hours and wasn't too bad, the weather went from cold and rainy to bright and sunny then to cold and windy just on the way here!
The caravan was 'cozy', there was a double room, a twin room (with 3 beds, one being a bunk) and a bed on the setee.
We all went to the oasis café bar for our tea. While we were sat waiting for our meals I noticed that half of the women there had at least one black kid. In fact we were waiting quite a while for the meals, me, Gaz and Jo all nearly finished ours before Adam and Carl had started because they had forgotten to give them their meals!
We had to sort out who was sleeping where, Jo had the double bed, Carl had the setee so me, Adam and Gaz had to have the 'twin' room. As we were making the beds we noticed something - the number of duvet and pillow covers were lower than the number of duvets and pillows and to make matters worse - there were dodgy stains on them! I had the bunk above the 2 beds, it wasn't that easy to make the bed, plus I was trying to avoid contact with the mattress! When I climbed up the ladder into bed my initial thought was 'this isn't too bad', but when it came to lying down my feet were touching one wall while my head was touching the opposite wall, plus I couldn't sit up in case I hit my head on the ceiling!

Sunday
(9:30 am) Had the most uncomfortable nights sleep ever, I hurt! My hip is sore as is my head due to me forgetting about the ceiling when I woke up. Also I've just started reading Are You Dave Gorman? which I started reading 2 years ago and never got round to finishing, hopefully by the end of the holiday I will finally finish it!
(11:05 pm) Finished it! It's been raining all day so the majority of today has been spent either reading or playing on the Game Boy!

Monday
(11 am) All decided to get up early but got to bed at 4 am! The weather is a lot better today!
(5:25 pm) Went to
Bodiam Castle, there were too many school kids and German people there but the sun stayed out, well until we got to the car at least. Had a McDonald's on the way back too, it was the tidiest Maccy's ever! Even the scallies spoke posh! But now I'm bored!
(7:30 pm) Went to a shop called Essentials, because after all, it is essential to have a keyring with your name on, a puppet of a penguin and a mug saying 'The World's Best Nan'. Gaz has bought a frisbee, we all threw it about by a random empty caravan before we all got bored/tired/hungry. As I write this we are having the TV replaced, it suddenly decided it didn't want to work - not that there's much on worth watching though!

Tuesday
(8:35 pm) The weather has been good to us today, we went to
Drusillas Park which is a zoo. There was a really cool musical thing there with animals singing about the food chain, if you pressed the button for an animal they would join in with the song - there were also some animals there!
(11:00 pm) Had a Chinese, it was sweet and sour king prawn balls, although the king prawn balls were more like prawns in tennis ball sized lumps of batter - I feel so sick!

Wednesday
(12:35 pm) We stayed up until 4:30 last night playing chase the ace where the loser had to take a shot of whiskey, we got through a whole bottle, and me - the lightweight champion - was surprisingly ok, even though I'd had quite a bit! Everyone's up now playing on the computer - again!
I'm starting to get a bit bored!
(2:45 pm) Oooh excitement! We're having a big thunderstorm, it's only 4 miles away and the caravan is shaking and I'm eating a pot noodle, it's all going on here!

Thursday
(9:30 pm) Yesterday was utter crap! We stayed in all day sitting around bored and watching the rain, we watched the film Election which was quite good. Today however we went to
Hastings, it was rainy and windy so it would have made sense to do something indoors, we parked the car and walked about half a mile to the Smugglers Caves which were quite good and were haunted by this bloke called Hairy Jack who was fluent in French and looked like Captain Birdseye. We found a really cool pub called The Anchor which had a jukebox and all the regulars had written stuff on the walls, not only that but I almost had a free surf and turf!
Afterwards we went to
Underwater World which is like the Sea Life Centre but shit! In both the Smugglers Caves and Underwater World I noticed there were large groups of French people there who were surprisingly speaking French, they seem to run straight through the actual exhibition but spend about an hour in the gift shop!

Friday
(23:45 pm) Spent last night playing Rummy but if we couldn't put our cards down we had to make up a swear word starting with 'A' then 'B' then 'C' etc. (yes, all the alcohol had ran out!) I was woken by a text at 7:45 this morning by
somebody but went back to sleep and everyone ended up getting up late. We went to a village called Battle which was where the Battle of Hastings took place. I found it all rather boring! Later we all went to a nearby pub for a meal called The Comet, they had an award for their toilets which I found pretty random but when I went to use the facilities I realized why - firstly I found the sign on the gents door amusing, it had a picture of a cockerel and it said 'The Cock' (snigger!), then inside there were paintings of dogs playing cards (I wonder if they were doing shots of whiskey or making up swear words), then as I was washing my hands I was so distracted by all the other paintings that I tried drying my hands under the condom machine! After my meal (which was almost free due to the fact that they forgot to ask us to pay) I was enjoying an orange sorbet when I realized that the man sat behind me had very bad and uncontrollable flatulence! Then the Karaoke started, Gaz said he'll sing White Wedding but luckily we talked him out of it. The bloke who was running the Karaoke was dressed in tight jeans and a red vest which we found funny, he also was desperate for people to sing, I reckon he would have paid us if we had sang. In the end these 2 blokes went up and sang a Savage Garden song which everyone found a bit lame until we realized that the line 'Until the sun goes down on me' had been changed to 'Until your mum goes down on me'. At the moment we're all playing Mashed on the X-Box, Carl keeps winning, I'm sure he enjoys being jammy!

Saturday
(9:00 pm) On our way home now, just a few more miles! Had 4 hours sleep last night, which isn't advisable, we went to
Herstmonceux Science Centre which was full of telescopes and science stuff, I thought we were going to get thrown out at first because Carl started throwing these big orange balls around. There were some cool experiments there, we all distracted Carl with a water experiment while Gaz attached an exhaust pipe whistle to his car but it fell off when it came to leaving!
I've just bought Dude, Where's My Country? by
Michael Moore it all looks very interesting - expect me to finish it in 2 years time!

...I always like coming home off holiday, your house always feels tidier than you ever remember it to be, you realize how much you've missed sleeping in your own bed, how good your own shower really is and your mom's cooking tastes better than before!
There's other random things that happened on the holiday too such as the way Jimmy Saville, Rod Hull and Emu, Bats, Batman, Spiderman and various other things seemed to be brought up randomly in conversations or appear on TV on a daily basis,
PSI, and not forgetting 'I thought you were special...Arrhhh!'. I think I'm still in holiday mode though as I bought a McDonald's earlier and bought some extra chicken McNuggets to warm up for tea!

currently listening to:
Hell Is For Heroes - Five Kids Go
Gemma is currently listening to:
The Cheeky Girls - The Cheeky Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home