Saturday, January 14, 2006

Money For Nothing...

We’re a few weeks into 2006 now, so it’s good to get the new year off to a good start.

Last Tuesday, Me, Adam, Gareth, Carl, Marcus and Bobby went to the pub quiz at the jug again, it was really busy in there and we couldn’t get any seats so we stood with Helen’s team for a while (which consisted of her boyfriend, Alex, and Pete, Tom and John from Distophia) before deciding we’d be better off forming our own team. We were stood in the furthest possible place from the speaker so we had to guess some of the questions before having to guess the answers. We totalled up our score at the end of it and we had roughly 65 points, which isn’t bad, but not enough to win. As they were reading out the winners we started to get our coats on to go, but there was a problem, they didn’t call our team out, we were supposed to come about 15th out of 20 so we thought nothing of it at first, but then he announced our team in 2nd place with 85 points! We were stunned and we’d won half a gallon of beer (about 4 pints), we didn’t say anything to the quizmaster though.

That Thursday we all went for a curry at Rubery and then to the white swan in Wythall, there were a few people in there I knew from Woodrush, they hadn’t changed much, although they never bothered saying hello to me but had the cheek to call me an ‘unsociable git’, I’m glad I didn’t say hello now.

Monday we claimed our free pints before they ran out, alcohol tastes much better when it’s free. The jug is really quiet on a Monday, and we managed to get the sofas by the window.

Tuesday morning I was up early to put the rubbish out, just after I went back to bed the doorbell rang, I jumped out of bed and put my jeans on only to trip over them and head butt my stereo. I ran down the stairs (still doing my jeans up and slightly dazed from flying across my room) to answer the door, it was a package in my name, so I signed for it and went back to bed. I sat up in bed wondering what it could be, I carefully unwrapped it to see a black box with a picture of an iPod on it…

…MY FREE IPOD!!!!!!!

After 6 months of getting people to sign up I finally got my iPod, it’s a white 30gb video one, and to be honest it kicks some ass.

That evening we all went to Woks Hall for a Chinese buffet to celebrate Adam’s birthday, I showed off my shiny new iPod and then commenced stuffing my face. I’d been so hungry so I filled my plate up and then transferred food from plate to mouth, but when it came to dessert I got a little excited and picked up sushi as well as cake and a visit to the chocolate fountain, unfortunately I’d spilt choclate all over my sushi but didn’t care so I ate it anyway. All of a sudden they started playing ‘happy birthday to you’ and brought out ice cream and jelly with a candle in the top of it for Adam, the whole restaurant stared while we sang and the waiter took a photo.

Last year just before Reading, I bought a 256mb memory card for my camera, although somehow (don’t ask how) I managed to buy 3, so I decided to sell them on ebay. I sold the first one last October for about £15 (which was what I paid anyway) so I decided to sell the other one just after Christmas, I got £26.80 for it so I decided to buy something with the money. Last weekend I ordered X-box live which was £27.99 from play.com in the sale, on Thursday it came so I set up my X-box to try it out, the only problem was I’d suddenly lost my picture but still had sound. I phoned customer support and they said they’ll send a new lead out. The next day however, I tried my X-box again and it worked, I’ve been playing Halo 2 online and it’s brilliant, I get my ass kicked at it but it’s brilliant.

I’m off to listen to my free iPod some more now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home