Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Miseducation Of John Robinson...

For the past few months I’ve been thinking about returning to college to finish off my work, last week I decided to stop thinking about it and to just do it. Nothing was going to stop me. When I got off the bus I pressed the button on the crossing to get to the college, I decided I couldn’t be bothered waiting and made a run for it across the road, when I got to the other side of the road the lights had turned red and one car was already stopped, just as I stepped onto the pavement I heard a bang, a transit van had hit the back of this car pushing it forwards over the crossing, maybe this was a bad omen, or maybe I should just stop stupid and get on with things.

I got to the door of the art block, the code on the door had changed so I waited for someone to come along and open it, after 10 minutes of waiting, Larrie - my tutor came along and pushed it open, it wasn’t locked after all that. Two other former students were there too that day so it seemed like a bit of a reunion, even though I don’t know them that well. Larrie said it would be ok for me to come back and that my days would be Mondays and Fridays now.

I officially went back to college on Friday, it was good to see all the other students again, it felt like I had never left. I’m not going to get myself in the same mess as I did last time now though, I need to stay focused (no pun intended) and be more organised. Here’s my reason why…

Mondays
Digital imaging 9 - 11
Photography 11 - 4
Web design 4 - 6

Fridays
Contextual studies 9 - 11:15
Photography 11:15 - 4:30

I’ve already done all my contextual studies work so that shortens my Fridays, if I finish my web design then I can finish at 4 on a Monday, and my digital imaging is already half finished, which just leaves the photography in the studio which can be done within a week. By shortening my timetable it will give me more days at home to sleep.

…Did I say sleep? I meant do my written work

Oh, ok then, maybe both.

10 Comments:

At Sunday, 22 January, 2006, Blogger Gareth said...

Are you telling me that you were witness to an accident and you didn't stop to see if anyone was injured?

 
At Sunday, 22 January, 2006, Blogger John said...

I didn't know what to do really, it was partly my own fault for pressing the button when I could have crossed anyway, I turned around and didn't see any dead bodies so I carried on walking, besides I didn't have my camera on me.

 
At Sunday, 22 January, 2006, Blogger Gareth said...

Fair enough

 
At Thursday, 26 January, 2006, Blogger Adam said...

I had a white metro go into the back of my car the other Friday. Crashes arn't fun.

 
At Friday, 27 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dumb bastard how dumb d'ya wanna get. LOOK BOTH WAYS DURR.
I'm Out PeAcE -1-

 
At Friday, 27 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo adam wassup?

 
At Saturday, 28 January, 2006, Blogger Adam said...

Why would I need to look both ways when I am stationary halfway down a road with no side entrances especially when the car hit me from behind? I think I know who are too!!!

 
At Sunday, 29 January, 2006, Blogger Gareth said...

To quote you Mr Turbitt: "I think I know who are too" Did you mean to say "I think I know who YOU (meaning anonymous) are too?

 
At Sunday, 29 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO YO YO YO` just dont get it that 'John' is that dumb one...! Who said u adam :P

 
At Monday, 30 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, ive got two things i have to say. Firstly, i can imagine this anonymous guy being a skinny, spotty little kev who i would love to kick the shit out of. Secondly, i cant believe you are actually getting your act together John. Well done and keep it up!
Jo x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home