Sunday, April 15, 2007

You Don't Understand, I Do What I Can, But Sometimes I Don't Make Sense...

It’s time for me to blog again which means it’s time for you to take half an hour out of your busy lives to read about my not so busy life.

So anyway, let’s go back to last Sunday, I went to visit my nan, it was all rather normal until 5 policemen (or should that be policepeople?) walked past my nan’s window and went to her neighbour’s house before taking him away with them 10 minutes later…not sure what all that was about.
21
On Monday Gaz had just came back from Austria so we were all going to go to the pub that night, although Adam had just hired out Jackass 2 on DVD so we all watched it round my house instead.

Tuesday was a bit more interesting, I had my usual JSA thing at the job centre, after rushing to get there on time I sat down to speak to one of the people there and suddenly my head felt like it was about to explode, this could be due to a number of things:

1. I’d not eaten much.

2. It was a really warm day.

3. I’d just ran all the way through Solihull to get to the job centre.

4. The really good photography job I applied for a few months back was available again.

I could feel myself slowly sliding off the chair and tried my best not to faint, it wasn’t too easy but I managed it pretty well, I signed my book and headed back to the bus stop, easier said than done though when you’re not feeling well, I swear people must have thought I was drunk as I was staggering round.

I got home and had some food and a sleep and by the evening I felt well enough to go out again. I phoned Gaz and he said that he’d bought something…but he wouldn’t say what it was.

Adam and Carl picked me up and we went round Gaz’s house, he’d bought Guitar Hero 2 for the Xbox 360, it’s really addictive once you start playing it and is really good fun to play.

Wednesday was alright until I started feeling really faint again, I’m not sure what keeps causing this, one minute I’m fine and the next I’m all over the place…I think I should see the doctor.

Thursday I got a text off Gemma asking if I fancied a drink that evening, luckily I didn’t faint that day so I went out. Gemma and Woody picked me up and we met Adam, Carl, Marcus and Jo at the peacock. It was quite a good night, I prefer pubs like that where you can sit round and talk instead of being deafened by crap music.

The next day I decided to go out and do something, I rang Gaz because I knew he wasn’t back at work until next week, he was about to go round Carl’s house with Guitar Hero 2, Carl had the game now too so we had 2 guitars to use. Gaz picked me up on the way and Adam later turned up too, it was quite a good day.

Carl also had Ralph’s Wii with him while Ralph and Kirstie were on holiday, I tried my hand at a few of the games but I was shit so I’ve decided that I don’t like it until I can find a game that I’m good at.

One thing I can say about the Wii though is it’s very good exercise and as a result I was knackered the next day, I decided to try and save my energy for today because…

…Today marked the official start of the summer because it was the first barbeque of the year, we all went round Carl’s house with food and drink, however there was one essential thing we forgot about…a strategy.

You see, every barbeque needs a strategy, you need to pace yourself between each thing you eat, timing is the key. After the first round of sausages were eaten, the burgers, chicken wings and chicken drumsticks were all thrown on together. Unsurprisingly, we were all soon full leaving loads of food that we didn’t even use, I think next time we have a barbeque we should at least plan it out first.

Afterwards we all watched Ralph and Kirstie’s wedding video and played some Guitar Hero and Wii Boxing, I decided just to watch this time after my poor performance a few days before. I couldn’t see the screen from where I was sat but I could see Adam and Jenny punching which looked hilarious.



Next up was the fight of the century…Marcus vs. Bobby, words couldn’t describe this, Marcus’ fighting style was a cross between Star Wars kid and Mike Tyson, in case you failed to order it on pay per view here are the highlights…



in case you’re wondering (and you probably are) you have to shake the controller to get your character back to his feet and that’s what Marcus is doing at the beginning on the 2nd video…at least I hope so.

…How the fuck am I down?