Friday, March 02, 2007

A Cool Breeze Flows But Mind The Wasp, Some Get Stung It's Worth The Cost...

So this blog is coming from another computer, I’ll explain why in a moment but first I think I’ll start at the beginning…

Last week was rather mundane, I fixed the tumble dryer at last and managed to finally get stuff dry, the weekend was just as exciting, not a lot happened, or at least nothing worth talking about.

Monday evening Gaz picked me up and we went with Marcus to Adam’s house, I brought a selection of DVDs with me as I was expecting it to be a money saving night. Firstly we watched Chasing Amy, it’s a good film but not really the kind of thing to watch with your mates, the comedy isn’t as fast paced as other Kevin Smith films and we soon got bored. We then watched Clerks 2, I’ll never grow tired of that film, it’s as funny the 3rd time round as when I first saw it.

Tuesday was my signing on day, I needed to be at the job centre for 2:50 but after oversleeping and trying to get stuff washed I didn’t start out until 2:45, I needed an excuse and it better be believable, I never thought that my legitimate reason for being late would be this…

“Well I got to the bus stop and a member of UB40 came up to me and started arguing with me about the direction of the number 2 bus, eventually a woman turned up and backed up my side of the argument and I managed to sneak away and get on the bus.”

…seriously that happened! Thankfully they didn’t ask why I was late when I got to the job centre.

That evening me and Gaz went round Adam’s house again with DVDs, we watched Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, I really like this film, it’s too weird to even describe but if you haven’t seen it as your attorney I advise you to watch it immediately.

Tuesday also marked 10 years since we moved away from Wythall, it doesn’t feel like 10 years at all, I had to double check that it was 10 years.

Wednesday morning I went to get my hair cut, it normally costs about £6 or maybe £7 with a tip so I brought a tenner along with me, as I was ready to pay I asked what the damage was only for them to say £13.40...I pulled out a £10 note and went cold, this has never happened to me before. I told them I’d be going to Sainsbury’s real quick and be back with the rest of the money in 10 minutes, the urge to run home instead was very tempting but I decided to do the honest thing and pay up.

Now for the bit you’ve been waiting for - why I’m blogging from a different computer, well you’ve probably already guessed, I’m staying at my dad’s house in Bournemouth for a few days. I came down here on the coach on Wednesday afternoon, the journey took almost 6 hours due to road works and cars breaking down all over the place due to Tesco’s dodgy petrol. When I finally got here we went for a Chinese, I fancied something a bit different and spotted seafood chow mien on the menu, when it came to eating it I plunged the fork in only to hit something hard, it actually had mussels in the chow mien still in their shells, it was nice though and just what I needed after that journey.

Yesterday I fancied a walk, I got the bus into Bournemouth, walked round the shops for a bit and then went down to the pier, I decided that I’d walk down the promenade down to Alum Chine like I used to do regularly when I lived there. I grabbed some chips from Harry Ramsden’s, burnt my tongue as they were too hot and started walking.

It felt really weird to walk down there, some parts haven’t changed at all but other parts were completely different. As I got nearer and nearer to Alum Chine I started to remember how much this walk wore me out, not only did I have to look forward to the walk back, but there was the walk up the really steep hill to come too.

When I got to Alum Chine it had changed a bit, there now was a restaurant on the sea front, the really steep hill hadn’t changed though, if anything it felt steeper but I made it to the top only to see that most of the hotels that were there before had gone and been replaced with more modern buildings.

I walked up to the hotel where we lived, I felt like I should be walking in and asking what was for tea. It’s probably completely different inside now because it was completely changed from being a hotel so it could be used for flats. I took a sneaky photos and carried on walking before I really did walk in.

I decided to walk through the chine back to the sea, I stood on the bridge and thought about how this bridge could have changed he whole world, when Winston Churchill was a boy he fell of this bridge and very nearly died, when you look at how high up the bridge is it’s a miracle he survived. I tried taking a photo but my camera decided it didn’t want to work anymore so after nearly sending it down the bridge the same way that Mr. Churchill went, it started working and I got my photo.

I walked through the chine and took a walk around the tropical gardens, they didn’t look very tropical at this time of year but it was good to walk round them once again. I really missed this place, I think I was very lucky to live there really.

I walked back along the promenade back to Bournemouth pier and caught the bus back to my dad’s house. When I got there my legs ached like mad and I was exhausted. After a while we went for a meal at this pub called the angel, I had steak and ale pie and it was delicious.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet today, it looks like it might rain so I might go somewhere indoors. I might have to install Windows Vista tonight on my dad’s new computer, let’s hope I don’t run into the same problems as this guy…



...Delete adult scrolls conflict for delete adult scrolls conflict for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home