Monday, February 13, 2006

Ill Communication…

Just thought I’d give you all a quick update of the past week or so.

Last Wednesday we all went to the jug of ale in Moseley to see the bands playing, the first band were called The Black Flash, they weren’t too bad although not that many people turned up.



The next band were The Big Bang who were a cross between Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, Liars and The Rapture, they were quite good but the wouldn’t keep still for me to get a good enough photo.


The final band were The Motorettes, they looked a bit like a Geordie version of The Bravery crossed with Supergrass wearing Snoop Dogg T-shirts, have a listen to them if you get the chance to.


The highlight of the night though had to be this short gay guy dancing round Adam for most of the night and then in front of the Motorettes like he was on drug
s, although he probably was.

Friday I had college, I finished yet another panorama (in record time too) and then decided to have a look round the shops in Solihull because I needed a bag for college. I bought one from Burton but on the way out I had the horrible feeling it was the same as the bag Adam got just before Christmas, luckily it wasn’t. I also bought Wrestlemania 21 for the X-Box which was utter shite, the graphics are good but the game itself is just dire, the only good thing going for it is that you can play it on X-Box live, but it’s so crap that nobody bothers.

Last Sunday I went to the Lickey hills with Adam, I decided to bring my camera to get back into the swing of this photo taking lark, I was going to experiment with long exposures, but that’s easier said than done with a digital automatic camera, I got the hang of it though for some really eerie effects.

After a while though we got lost and ended up in the middle of nowhere, we found ourselves near a field with laminated poems hanging off trees, one of them was a riddle about a sail but I’ve forgotten how it goes now.

That night I went to bed having to be up early for college but I couldn’t sleep, my alarm went off with me still wide awake so I thought I’d be strong and force myself into college, although I didn’t make it any further than the settee as I quickly fell asleep as soon as I got downstairs, I spent the rest of the day catching up with sleep only to find out that I’ve broken up from college for half term as Friday is teacher training.

Tuesday was pub quiz day and we lost again (despite cheating), although Jenny, Nicola and Julia from Woodrush came along to help so we didn’t do as crap as we normally would.

The rest of the week was rather dull to be honest, I did nothing but coursework and sneezing due to being allergic to this soap powder, my highlight was going to Sainsbury’s and counting the fat people as I went along, the total was about 4 million, I would say that over half of the people in there were not just overweight but hideously overweight, the only good thing about it was I had lots of room to move in the fresh fruit and veg aisle.

The next day though I woke up absolutely full of a cold…

How will I carry on?

Will I be able to do any more work?

Will I be well enough to go to the pub quiz that Tuesday?

Will I be well enough for college the week after?

Will I die?

Will it all turn out to just be the soap powder allergy?

Will Brian Blessed turn out to be my real father?

Will I ever get round to doing an up to date blog?

…You’ll just have to wait and see.

TO BE CONTINUED…(how exciting!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home