Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Oh, Look Out You Rock 'N' Rollers...

Well this morning I woke up a year older. It’s my 25th birthday, one that I can’t say I’ve been looking forward to. 24 can just about class as early twenties but there is no escaping the fact that 25 puts me in the mid-twenties group, soon it will be late twenties and I’d have to talk about mortgages and pensions and depressing stuff like that.

So anyway, I got up this morning hoping to go downstairs and find mountains of presents to unwrap, I opened the door…nothing. There wasn’t even any sign of my mum. Feeling a bit cheated and to double check the date I went back upstairs only to hear the sound of sellotape being torn off the roll and my mum frantically wrapping presents.

When she came downstairs it was time to put all that wrapping to waste and to tear the paper off, my mum got me the Peter Kay auto-biography which I’ve started reading and is hilarious, I think I’ll get through this a lot faster than the Da Vinci Code (I’ve nearly finished it, I swear!), she also got me a jumper and some chocolates. My sister got me the 2nd series of Peep Show on DVD, which no doubt she’ll be borrowing in the not too distant future.

Hopefully birthday celebrations will continue tonight either at the jug watching Distophia play, or at the greyhounds trying to earn a bit of money and freeze our asses off.

…Oh and don’t say I didn’t warn you. If you read my blog in the past few days you would have noticed that I said I felt like the blog needed a bit of a facelift, I originally meant a new logo or something but in the end I decided to push the boat out and give it a facelift that even Michael Jackson would be jealous of.

I was looking at the old layout and it felt messy and childish, I needed one colour and to stick with it, plus also I didn’t like those curved edges, curved edges are for pussies, from now on it’s sharp edges all the way baby!

...Run with scissors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home